HP PC Hardware Diagnostics is a UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface). It plays diagnostic checks. It exams the laptop’s hardware is functioning effectively and isolates hardware issues. Identify and diagnose hardware failures. The application operates withinside the Windows running gadget.
It is pre-set up on new HP PCs. in case it isn’t pre-set up, then down load. Following a current Blue Screen on my Windows 10 PC. I acquired the Boot Device Not Found message. Also, the choice to press F2 for System Diagnostics.
Meaning: HP Computer Hardware Diagnostics UEFI?
hp laptop hardware diagnostics uefi
HP PC hardware diagnostics UEFI is exceeding the Basic Input/Output System. The Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) is firmware code from a chip to your motherboard. It gives similarly capabilities (BIOS). UEFI passes hardware manipulate over to the running gadget. UEFI works with the BIOS to initialize the laptop or tablet’s hardware.
Methods To Perform HP PC Diagnostics UEFI
HP Support Assistant makes it easy to run a whole lot of hardware diagnostic checks and gadget checks.
Perform symptom checks in HP Computer Hardware Diagnostics UEFI
Test hardware with HP Diagnostic UEFI from a USB Device
Perform aspect checks in HP
Install HP PC Hardware Diagnostics
Using HP PC Run Diagnostic Tests (battery take a look at)
Test hardware the use of HP Support Assistant
Run the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Fast Test
1. Perform Symptom Tests In HP Computer Hardware Diagnostics UEFI
Symptom checks are used to decide the basis reason of a condition. In Hardware Diagnostics for Windows, symptom checks aren’t to be had.
Sorry, the video participant did not load.(Error Code: 101102)
To transfer off the laptop, press and keep the energy button for at the least 5 seconds.
Turn at the laptop and again and again press ESC, as soon as consistent with 2d or so. Press the f2 key while the menu appears.
Click Symptom Tests at the Hardware Diagnostics UEFI menu.
In the list, discover the symptom that first-rate describes your laptop hassle. Press input after typing the corresponding wide variety into the sphere at the lowest of the display screen.
run short or significant take a look at
Wait for the checks to complete. On the Issue display screen, you may see an estimate of ways lengthy every take a look at will take.
Wait for the checks to complete
On the Test Logs page, evaluation the consequences and notice down the take a look at kind and failure ID (24-digit code) whilst you touch HP Customer Support.
2. Test Hardware With HP Diagnostics UEFI From A USB Device
The HP laptop Hardware Diagnostics software program can’t take a look at the laptop’s tough disc. Use a USB to run the checks.
- On a USB, down load and set up the maximum current model of Computer Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI).
- Turn the laptop off.
- In a USB port at the gadget, plug the USB with Hardware Diagnostics in.
- After turning at the laptop, constantly press the Esc key till the Startup menu appears.
- The gadget can’t be commenced from a USB garage tool. Press f2 to pick out System Diagnostics and quickly disable Secure.
- Choose your preferred language from the drop-down menu.
- The model wide variety and USB are displayed at the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics domestic page.
- The gadget is now prepared to be placed thru its paces.
3. Perform Component Tests In HP
Individual laptop additives are in my opinion decided on and examined the use of aspect checks.
In Windows, visit the Component Tests menu.
- Use the strategies under to open the Component Tests menu in Windows while it typically starts.
- Search for HP PC Hardware Diagnostics for Windows in Windows and pick Run as administrator.
- If you have already got it, visit the HP Computer Hardware Diagnostics internet site and down load the maximum current model.
- Click Component Tests from the primary menu.
- Component Tests
- To make bigger the selection, click on the plus image subsequent to every aspect.
- Depending at the additives set up to your gadget, your Component Tests menu might also additionally differ.
- additives set up to your gadget
- When Windows refuses to start, visit the Component Tests menu.
- Use the stairs under to open the Component Tests menu while Windows doesn’t start.
- To transfer off the laptop, press and keep the energy button for at the least 5 seconds.
- Turn at the laptop and again and again press ESC, as soon as consistent with 2d or so. Press the f2 key while the menu appears.
- Click Component Tests from the primary menu.
- The menu Component Tests appears.
Depending at the additives set up to your gadget, your Component Tests menu might also additionally differ.
4. Install HP PC Hardware Diagnostics
When you may’t get Windows to start, visit the HP Computer Hardware Diagnostics internet site and down load HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI.
If necessary, reproduction HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI to a clean USB. By deactivating Secure Boot, you may get admission to them from a USB pressure. See HP PCs – Secure Boot for info on a way to disable Secure Boot (Windows 10).
- Visit the Hardware Diagnostics internet site to get the maximum current model.
- Click Download HP Diagnostic UEFI at the HP laptop Hardware Diagnostics internet site’s Unable To Boot Windows.
- Choose an area for the record to be saved, then click on Save.
- Double-click on the.exe record withinside the region to your laptop or flash pressure wherein you downloaded it. The wizard for putting in InstallShield appears.
- Next must be decided on.
- Accept the license agreement’s situations and flow directly to the subsequent step.
- Select a region for the documents to be saved, then click on Next.
- Save documents for HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI set up on this folder.
- For the set up, pick a language. Then press OK.
- The wizard is putting in HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI.
- To get admission to the Setup Wizard, click on Next.
- Select the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI program’s set up region, then click on Next.
- Select UEFI Partition on Hard Drive to down load onto the laptop for testing.
- Select USB Flash Drive to down load to a USB pressure.
- Install must be decided on.
- To create the HP TOOLS partition, pick out Yes.
- Wait for the software program to complete putting in. To go out the wizard, click on Finish.
5. Using HP PC Run Diagnostic Tests (Battery Test)
HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) examines the battery and, if necessary, calibrates it. The Battery Check takes more or less minutes, and the calibration system can soak up to 2 hours.
- To carry out the Battery Test, comply with those steps:
- Click Power > Battery > Run as soon as from the Component Tests menu.
- The consequences of the battery take a look at are displayed at the display screen as soon as it’s far completed. Click Battery Details for greater info at the battery.
- Click Troubleshoot if the battery fails a take a look at.
- To attempt to restore the hassle, comply with the on-display screen commands after which click on Yes.
- If the difficulty persists, pick out Yes to touch HP Customer Support.
- When contacting HP Customer Support, write down or reproduction the failure ID (24-digit code) and product ID. The facts is likewise to be had withinside the fundamental menu’s Test Logs.
- If your laptop is hooked up to the internet, visit the HP Customer Support internet site through clicking NEXT.
- If your PC isn’t connected to the network, test the QR code supplied together along with your cellular tool to get admission to HP Customer Support.
6. Test Hardware Using HP Support Assistant
HP Support Assistant makes it easy to run a whole lot of hardware diagnostic exams. Learn a way to use HP Support Assistant Diagnostics to test for hardware issues.
- The Support Assistant Diagnostics window will open.
- Under the Troubleshooting and Repairs tab, you’ll discover Support Assistant Diagnostics.
- Troubleshooting and Repairs tab for my laptop
- Download and set up the current model of Support Assistant if necessary.
- Search for an open Support Assistant in Windows.
- Choose My pocket book from the drop-down menu, then pick your laptop from the tool list.
- Click See all fixes and diagnostics withinside the Fixes & Diagnostics segment. Click Launch below what you need to carry out from the alternatives under:
- Fix your network
- Fix your audio issues
- Optimize your performance
- Check your running gadget
- Run hardware diagnostics
- Diagnose any printer issues
- Check your battery
- Observe the on-display screen guidelines to get to the segment for the hassle you’re looking to solve.
- See also eleven Easy Solutions: USB Drive Not Showing Up Error
7. Run The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Fast Test
The Fast Test speedy exams your gadget to make sure that each one of its main additives are running effectively. The Fast Test is split into parts: a primary byskip and a 2d byskip, with every byskip inclusive of many checks. The Fast Test includes bios setup default settings.
- Find and open the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics for Windows software program on Windows.
- If you have already got it, visit the HP Hardware Diagnostics internet site and down load the maximum current model.
- HP Hardware Diagnostics
- Click System Tests from the primary menu.
- Select System Fast Test from the drop-down menu.
- Select System Fast
- Once, press the Run button.
- Run button
- Each aspect’s closing time and take a look at consequences are displayed at the display screen at the same time as the take a look at is underway.
When Windows fails to boot, the UEFI model might be used. It appears for troubles in RAM, memory, and the tough pressure. If it fails, the 24 digit failure ID might be displayed.