Just get a brand new set of AirPods for Christmas? If so, we have got rounded up a on hand listing of suggestions, tricks, and functions which you won’t understand approximately to get you familiar together along with your new earbuds.
First, in case you are new to AirPods entirely, we’ve an extended listing of simple suggestions on the way to use your AirPods.
- How to Set Up and Connect Your New AirPods
- How to Change the Name of Your AirPods, AirPods Pro, or AirPods Max
- How to Use Just One AirPod or AirPod Pro
- How to Clean Your AirPods or AirPods Pro
- How to Answer a Phone Call on AirPods and AirPods Pro
- What Does the Light at the AirPods Case Mean?
- How to Switch Devices When Using AirPods
- How to Reset AirPods or AirPods Pro
- How to Troubleshoot Problems with AirPods
- Only One AirPod Working? Here’s How to Fix the Problem
6 Useful AirPods Tips for New Owners
- Keep Your AirPods Safe With Find My
Apple’s present day AirPods, along with the AirPods three and AirPods Pro, function Find My integration, so if they are stolen or misplaced, you could find them with the Find My app. AirPods can take benefit of the Find My community so that you can leverage the iPhones, iPads, and Macs of different humans to tune down a misplaced set of AirPods anyplace they quit up, as long as the battery holds out.
You’ll additionally need to make certain you switch on “Notify When Left Behind” so that you can get alerted proper away in case you’re out and approximately and neglect about your AirPods somewhere. To flip it on, open up the Find My app, faucet in your AirPods withinside the listing, and toggle at the “Notify When Left Behind” option. These Find My functions additionally paintings for the AirPods Max.
2. Activate or Deactivate Automatic Device Switching
Apple’s AirPods have a function that lets in them to robotically connect with something tool is in lively use, so in case you change out of your iPhone on your Mac, the AirPods connection is supposed to transition from one tool to some other as you do.
Automatic Switching may be beneficial, however there are times wherein you won’t need it grew to become on if it is switching among gadgets inappropriately. You can control it via way of means of following those steps:
- Connect your AirPods on your iPhone.
- Open up the Settings app.
- Tap on Bluetooth after which pick out the “i” subsequent on your AirPods withinside the listing.
- Tap on “Connect to This iPhone.”
- Choose “When Last Connected to This iPhone” to show computerized switching off, and choose “Automatically” to show it on.
With “Automatically” grew to become on, your AirPods will connect with your iPhone whilst it is in lively use and your AirPods are for your ears. With “When Last Connected to This iPhone” selected, AirPods will best connect with the ultimate linked tool in preference to the tool in lively use. This function additionally works with AirPods 2, AirPods three, AirPods Pro, and AirPods Max.
Note that you’ll want to disable Automatic Switching for every tool linked on your iCloud account in case you’re now no longer partial to the function and need it off entirely. There’s no grasp toggle, with Apple coping with it on a per-tool basis.
three. Turn on Announce Notifications
With Siri integration and the present day model of iOS (that is iOS 15), AirPods are capable of announce all your incoming notifications, along with Messages.
Here’s how to show it on:
- Open up the Settings app.
- Tap on “Notifications.”
- Tap on “Announce Notifications.”
- Toggle on “Announce Notifications.”
- Toggle on “Headphones.”
With each Announce Notifications and Headphones toggled on, Siri will examine out notifications from apps of your preference if you have the AirPods in, and could provide you with an possibility to respond. So when you have an incoming textual content message, Siri will examine it out and provide you with a risk to ship out a reply, all hands-free.
You can pick out the apps which you need to apply Announce Notifications with so that you can get crucial readouts while not having a deluge of notifications examine to you via way of means of Siri.
4. Check Your AirPods Battery Life
If you need to hold tabs in your AirPods battery existence, there are more than one approaches to do so. AirPods will let you know battery degree while you join them to a tool, or you could use the “Battery” widget on an iPhone or an iPad.
Siri is likewise capin a position to inform you your AirPods battery existence, and in case your AirPods are linked on your Apple Watch, the manage middle gives battery existence information. For greater at the one of a kind approaches to test your AirPods battery existence, we’ve a devoted AirPods battery how-to.
5. Use the Force Sensor to Control Playback
If you’ve got upgraded to the AirPods three or AirPods Pro from the unique AirPods or the AirPods 2, or in case you’re new to AirPods entirely, you won’t be acquainted with the bodily controls.
The AirPods three and AirPods Pro have a integrated pressure sensor withinside the stem. The pressure sensor may be used for controlling media playback with one of a kind presses.
- Single press – Play/Pause audio
- Double press – Skip forward
- Triple press – Skip backward
- Press whilst there may be a call – Answer incoming call
- Double press on a call – Hang up
- Press and maintain – Activate Siri
On AirPods Pro, you could personalize what the lengthy press pressure sensor gesture does due to the fact it could be set to Noise Control or Siri. The AirPods three do now no longer have Active Noise Cancellation and are constrained to Siri for the press-and-maintain gesture.
6. Make Sure Spatial Audio is Activated
Spatial audio is a function that gives immersive 3-dimensional sound, and it may observe the motion of the iPhone with supported audio and video. Spatial audio may be toggled on or off the usage of the Control Center, and it’s far to be had for AirPods three, AirPods Pro, and AirPods Max.
- With your AirPods linked on your iPhone or iPad, open up the Control Center. If you do not know how, we’ve a manual.
- On the extent slider, you ought to see a bit icon that seems like the AirPods. If you do not see it, reconnect your AirPods.
- Long press at the extent slider.
- Tap at the “Spatial Audio” option.
- Choose among Off, Fixed, or Head Tracked (on supported gadgets).
Off will flip spatial audio off entirely, whilst Fixed will permit spatial audio to be used, however with out head-monitoring functionality. Head Tracked permits the total spatial audio function with head monitoring included.
You also can preview what spatial audio feels like via way of means of connecting your AirPods on your phone, choosing them withinside the Bluetooth segment of the Settings app, and deciding on the “Spatial Audio” option.
Spatial audio works with the Apple TV app and Apple Music, however many 0.33 celebration apps additionally assist it like Netflix, Disney+, HBO Max, YouTube, and greater. We have a beneficial manual that outlines many famous 0.33-celebration apps that assist spatial audio.
To examine greater approximately your AirPods, we’ve a devoted AirPods three roundup and a devoted AirPods Pro roundup, each of which stroll thru all of the one of a kind functions and could are available on hand as you discover ways to use your new earbuds.