Chromecast allows you to wirelessly transmit Twitch streams to your TV screen from one device such as your smartphone and tablet. While some smart TVs are compatible with Chromecast, others will require you to purchase a Chromecast dongle. This is how you can watch Twitch on Chromecast.
Chromecast streaming should be indicated on your TV’s manual or menu system.
Chromecast: How to Cast Twitch To TV
Chromecast is easy to use to stream media. All you have to do is turn your devices on and make sure they are connected to the same WiFi.
- Turn your Chromecast-compatible smart TV on. Make sure your Chromecast dongle is plugged in if you are using it.
- Open Twitch from your Android, iOS smart phone.
- Tap the cast icon in the top right corner of the app.
The Cast icon is a TV screen that has a broadcast signal coming from it.
- Tap the screen name. When connected, the Cast icon will change to solid-white and your TV will display the message that it’s ready for casting.
The name of a smart TV will probably be just a sequence of numbers and letters, while the name of a Chromecast dongle is “Chromecast.”
- To have Twitch streams automatically play on your TV, tap a Twitch stream in the Twitch app.
Twitch allows you to also change livestreams, participate in Twitch Chats and close the app if necessary.
Google Chrome: How to cast Twitch to TV
You can still cast Twitch TV from your computer even if you don’t own an iOS or Android tablet or smartphone with the Twitch App installed.
- Open Google Chrome and go to the Twitch web. Then, start watching a stream like normal.
Make sure your computer and Chromecast dongle use the same Wi Fi network.
- Move your mouse cursor across the video player until you see several playback buttons. Click the Cast icon.
- Click on the name of your Chromecast smart TV or dongle.
- Your TV should automatically start streaming the Twitch stream. In your Google Chrome toolbar, you will see a blue Cast symbol.
How to Watch Twitch On TV Without Chromecast
Chromecast can be a great technology to view Twitch streams from smartphones and tablets, but it’s not the only way you can watch Twitch streams on your TV.
There are many alternatives to Twitch TV Casting with Chromecast.
- Use Twitch TV App: Your smart TV may have support for apps. If so, you can log in to view broadcasts just like the Netflix or Disney+ TV apps.
- Check the Blu-ray player. Many Blu-ray and DVD players have streaming apps. Your Blu-ray may also have a Twitch TV App.
- You can watch Twitch with your Xbox and PlayStation. Both Microsoft’s and Sony’s consoles have Twitch apps. These apps can be used to broadcast to Twitch using your Xbox One or PlayStation 4 consoles.
- Use Apple TV – The Apple TV streaming box comes with a Twitch application, which you can use for live streams. You can also send Twitch content from your iOS device to Apple TV.
- Use a Smart TV Web Browser: Many TVs and media boxes have a web browser that can be used to view livestreams on the Twitch website.
- An HDMI cable is a great option. It’s possible to need additional adapters or dongles depending upon your device, but it’s very reliable if you have the right equipment.