This article will show you how to create a Microsoft Excel schedule using either a premade template or from scratch. These instructions apply to Excel 2016, Excel for Microsoft 365 and Excel 2013.
How to create a schedule in Excel
Microsoft Excel offers templates for a weekly chore list, student schedule, daily work schedule, etc. You can either download the template you like and modify it with your data or learn how to make a schedule.
Marek Levak / Unsplash
These steps will help you create a 7-day schedule for one user with hourly blocks.
- Start Excel and create a blank workbook.
- Select the cell range E2 and then choose Merge in the Alignment group on the Home tab.
- Enter ” WEEKLY SCHED” into A1:E2, change font size to 18 , and select Align in the Alignment group.
- Select cells F1, choose the Bordersdropdown in the Font Group of the Home tab, and then select All Borders.
- Enter ” Daily start time” into F1; ” Interval” into G1; and “ Start Date” into H1. Double-click the Select Allicon between 1 and A to resize the cells according to the content.
- Enter ” TIME” in the cell A3.
- Enter the start time for your schedule in cell A4. Enter ” 7:00” to follow the example.
- In cell A5, type the next interval that you wish to include in your schedule. Enter ” 7:30” to follow the example. Select A4/A5, and drag the Fill handle down so that the time increments are filled for the rest.
To change the time format of the column, click on it and then choose Format Cells. Select Time in the Category list on the Number tab, and then choose the time format that you want to use.
- Cell B3: Enter the date of the week you would like your schedule to start. This will give you an example. Enter ” SUNDAY.”
- Drag the Fill handle to your right to fill in the rest of the days on the calendar.
- Select Row 3. Change the font size to 14 by making the Bold font.
- Change the font size for the times in Column A from 12 to 12.
Double-click the Select allicon (between A and 1 on the worksheet) to resize the cells to the correct dimensions.
- Select the Select all icon, or press CTRL+A and select Centre in the Alignment section of the Home tab.
- Select cells A1_H2. Select Fill Colourdrop-down in the Font group on the Home tab. Choose a fill color to be used for the selected cells.
- Select a different fill color for each cell or range in the following:
- A4:A28 (or range of cells that contain times on your worksheet).
- B4:H28 (or the range of cells that make up the rest of your schedule).
- If you prefer a black-and-white schedule, skip this step.
- Select the body for the schedule. Select Bordersdropdown in Font group, and then select All Borders.
- Keep the schedule.
The Schedule can be saved as a template
You can save the schedule as a template to make it easy to reuse, without having to create a new schedule or clear out your old schedule.
- Select File> > HTML3_ Change Type.
- Select Template> Save As. The Save As dialog box opens.
- Open the Custom Office templatesfolder.
- Enter a name and click to save.
- You can use the template later by selecting the Personaltab from the New screen, and then select the schedule template. It will open in a new workbook.
Set up the print area if you wish to print a hardcopy copy of the schedule.
- How can I export a Revit Schedule into Excel?
Select File > Export > Reports> Schedule in Revit. Next, choose a save location, and then select Save. Select OK to choose the appearance export options. Select > Transform From CSV. Select the Revit schedule you exported and then select Import.
- How do I create an Excel amortization schedule?
Create a new spreadsheet, or open an existing one, and enter the loan, interest and payment data. In cell B4 (assuming the other relevant information is in the B columns above it), use the equation =ROUND(PMT($B$2/12,$B$3,-$B$1,0), 2). This will calculate your monthly payments automatically.
- How can I change the date format of my Excel schedule?
Right-click on the cell that you wish to modify and choose Format cells. Select the Number tab. Next, choose Date from Category. Choose the date format that you prefer, and then confirm the change with OK.
- How can I export an Excel spreadsheet on one page?
Select Layout > Launcher Tab, then choose Fit Under Scaling. Select one page, one inch wide and one inch tall. Then confirm by OK. then export your schedule just like with Excel spreadsheets.
- How can I combine an Excel schedule with my Google Calendar
Export or Save the Excel Schedule as either a CSV, ICS or ICS to make it compatible with Google Calendar. Select Settings Import and Export to choose the compatible file to import. Next, select the calendar you want to import the file into and click on Import.