This article will show you how to fix Netflix not working on Roku. Netflix errors on Roku can appear in many different ways.
- When you click the Netflix icon, nothing happens.
- Netflix loads but then freezes at the logo loading screen.
- The Netflix app launches with a black screen. Nothing happens.
There is no error code, and the screen will freeze on either the logo or blank screen. These tips will help you to troubleshoot the issue and fix it.
Why does Netflix keep crashing on my Roku TV?
Netflix on Roku is a combination of two online services, so there could be multiple points for failure. You could have an issue with Netflix, your Roku connection, or your internet connection.
It is important to verify that these services work. Next, check your Wi-Fi network and your internet connection. Finally, you can then troubleshoot with the Roku streaming media player.
How to fix Netflix not working on Roku
This applies to all Roku streaming devices, including Roku Express and Roku Streaming Stick.
- Troubleshoot Netflix service. The Netflix Help Center page will provide information about the current status of Netflix. You will need to wait for Netflix to fix the problem if Netflix goes down.
- Check that your Roku streaming device has been properly connected to your TV. Try launching another service to verify your Roku streaming device works properly. If this fails, the Roku may need attention. It’s possible that the Netflix app will launch if the other app launches.
- Do a complete restart of your Roku streaming device. You will need to shut down your Roku streaming device. Most issues with Netflix not working on Roku can be resolved by a simple restart.
A faulty power cable could cause your Roku device’s power light to flicker when it is plugged in. You might try a different power cable. If the light is still on, it may be time to replace your Roku streaming device.
- Verify that the Roku device can connect to the Wi-Fi network. Make sure the Wi-Fi network works by checking other devices, such as a smartphone or computer. You’ll need to troubleshoot your Wi-Fi network before Netflix can work on your Roku device. Restarting your router is usually the best way to connect to your WiFi network.
- Is your Roku device able to access the Internet? You can test your internet connection by connecting to another computer or smartphone. You will need to fix your home internet connection if you are unable to access the internet.
If your Roku can connect to another channel, the device will be able to access the internet perfectly. If this happens, skip this step and continue to the next troubleshooting steps.
- Keep your Roku app up-to-date on your smartphone. Apps can become out of date over time, especially if auto-updates are disabled. This could be the reason Netflix doesn’t launch if you try to launch Netflix from your mobile device. Depending on the device you have, make sure to update either the Roku Android or Roku iOS apps. If Netflix doesn’t work on your Android or iOS, you can try deleting the Roku Android app and then reinstalling it.
- Check that your Netflix account remains active. Double-check that your Netflix profile is still available on any other devices you log in to your Netflix account. Try changing the password to your Netflix account and then reconnecting your Netflix app on Roku with that new password.
- Disable your VPN. Your VPN could be causing problems when you connect to your router or Roku devices to the internet via it. Your Netflix channel problems can be solved by disabling your VPN and connecting directly to the internet.
- Troubleshooting a Roku remote not working. You might need to reset your Roku remote, then pair it again with your Roku streaming device. Try launching Netflix with the Roku Mobile app instead if your remote doesn’t work.
- Make sure you check Roku parental controls to make sure your account isn’t blocked. You can also check the Netflix parental controls for your Netflix Account.
- You may have to reset your Roku streaming devices if all else fails.
All of your personal settings will be lost when you reset your Roku device. After the reset, all your channels will be gone. These channels will need to be re-added.
- How can I log out Netflix on my Roku?
To Log out of Netflix on any Roku device newer than Roku 4, 3, Streaming Stick Express, Roku TV and Roku TV. Open Netflix and select a profile if prompted. Select Settings and then select Sign out > .
- How can I change Netflix accounts from a Roku
Although there is no way to easily change your Netflix account on Roku’s Roku platform, there are ways. Navigate to My channels from your Roku home screen. Highlight the Netflix application and hit the star button with your remote. Select Channel from the editing settings. Next, return to your Roku Home screen and locate the Channel Store. You can then reinstall Netflix with your preferred Netflix account.
- How can I find My List on Netflix using a Roku?
Your “My List” listing is accessible on Netflix from any device, including Roku. Start Netflix and choose a watch account if you are prompted. Next, select MyList from top menu.
- How can I access Netflix on my Roku?
To access Netflix on your Roku, navigate the Roku Channel Store to find Netflix. Click Add Channel. You can also plug in your Roku and navigate to Streaming channels on the screen. Select Netflix and then choose Add Channel.