This article will show you how to reset your Toshiba Windows 10 laptop.
How to reset a Toshiba laptop
Resetting your computer cannot be reversed. You can either save or delete personal files. Resetting Windows 10 is simple and straightforward. However, it should not be used as a last resort after all other attempts have failed to resolve the issue.
Microsoft has included Reset This Computer in Windows 10 as an easy and simple way to restore your computer to factory settings. This tool is simple, but speeding up an older or slower computer may be a better option.
You should back up any important files before you do a reset. This includes everything from the Candy Crush app to a variety of less-than-useful Microsoft utilities included with Windows 10.
No matter what manufacturer your Windows 10 laptop is, you can reset any Windows 10 machine, desktop or laptop.
- Navigate to the Start menu and search for Reset. Select the Reset this PC search result.
- Next, click Get Started.
- You can choose to keep your files ( Keep all my files), or wipe your data ( Delete everything), then follow the prompts on screen to complete your Toshiba laptop’s reset.
- Your computer will reboot during the reset process. This depends on the option selected and what computer you are resetting.
- After your reset is complete, follow the prompts on your screen to install Windows 10. You’ll then be able to access your computer from the desktop.
Tips to Reset Windows 10
There are a few things you should keep in mind when thinking about resetting your computer.
- Resetting your computer to resolve an issue is a good idea. If it’s hardware- or network-related, the reset won’t change much.
- You should connect with other users if you have multiple accounts on your computer. Also, back up their data.
- A reset is not like a Restore, and it isn’t undoable.
- How can I restore factory settings to a Toshiba Satellite laptop?
The recovery partition is the best way to restore a Toshiba Satellite laptop to its factory settings. Hold the power key for at minimum 10 seconds, until the laptop turns on. To boot the laptop, simultaneously press the power key and the zero (zero) key. When the laptop beeps, release the 0 key. To opt for System Recovery, select Recovery of Factory Default software > Next. To begin the process, choose Recover from Out-of-Box State > Next.
- How can I factory reset my Toshiba laptop running Windows 7
Turn off your Toshiba laptop running Windows 7 and disconnect any external devices. Hold the power key and then press the zero (zero) key to display a recovery warning message. Select the operating system if prompted. Next, choose the recovery process that you prefer, such as Recover of Factory Software and then follow the prompts.
- How can I factory reset my Toshiba laptop without entering a password?
You can reset your Toshiba laptop to factory settings if you are locked out of the Toshiba laptop or can’t remember your administrator password. At the login screen, press both the power key as well as the Shift key simultaneously. Select Troubleshoot > Repair This PC.