It is easiest to locate your Roku’s IP Address from the device. The Roku makes your IP address easily accessible within its menus. All you need is to know where to find it.
- Move down from the Roku main menu to the Settings.
- Look for the optionnetworking.
- You will find More under that submenu. You’ll find the IP address of your Roku and other useful information about your Roku device.
How to find Roku IP address without a remote
Sometimes you might not have access to the menus of your Roku. This could be for troubleshooting or if you are trying to configure something in another room. You can access your Roku’s IP address via your network in several ways.
The Remoku Chrome Extension
A Roku remote addon for Google Chrome called Remoku is the easiest way to access your Roku’s IP address.
Remoku allows you to use a virtual remote from your computer to control your Roku through your network. It needs to be able to connect to Roku devices in your network. This is exactly what you will be relying upon.
- Open Google Chrome and then the Chrome Web Store. If you don’t know where it’s located, you can probably find it in your bookmarks. You can search Google for ” Chrome applications” to find the Chrome Web Store.
- After you have logged in to Chrome, search for Remoku. The first and only result you see is what you are looking for.
- To add to Chrome, select Add to Chrome .
- Use the icon at the top right of your Chrome window to open Remoku. The virtual remote will appear.
- Your app menu will be visible at the top. Select Settings. All the options for connecting to your Roku are found in the top box of the Settings menu.
- These are the lines you will need. Make sure the IP address pattern matches your network in the first line. While the default IP address should work for most people, it is recommended that you verify that your network configuration matches. Next, you can specify how many Rokus are connected to your network. Then start scanning for them.
- Remoku will scan your network for IP addresses that are related to Roku devices. It will list the IP addresses it finds and let you know how to find your Roku’s address.
From Your Router
You may prefer a direct approach. However, it all depends on the router. Many routers allow you to see all connected devices. However, not all routers will let you view the device’s name or look up its MAC address. You will need one to identify your Roku’s IP address.
- Use your preferred web browser and log into your router’s admin interface.
- You may see a list of connected devices right away depending on the router. If you don’t see the list, sign in to your router and navigate to the statuspages. These pages usually contain connection information.
- The router could list Roku devices using their hostname. This would instantly identify Roku devices on your network. They’ll also be listed next to their IP addresses.
- It’s okay if you don’t see Roku names listed. In the device list, look for MAC addresses. It is usually found in the column of routers.
Some routers allow you to look up the manufacturer of the device by entering the MAC address directly into the interface. You can select the MAC address and all the information you require should be displayed.
- It’s not that important if it isn’t. It’s possible to look it up on websites like WhatsMyIP.org, provided you have your full MAC address. Roku devices will list Roku manufacturer when you search them. Although it’s not the best way to get there, this method allows you to associate an IP address with Roku.
- Is there a way to find the IP address of a Roku TV device?
Turn on your Roku TV, and then use the remote control to navigate to Settings. Select OK from the remote. In Settings select Network. Select About to view your Roku TV’s IP address.
- How can I locate a Roku IP address with no Wi-Fi?
Your Roku must have a network connection in order to get an IP address. You can try connecting your Roku via Ethernet cable to a wired network connection if you don’t have Wi Fi. To view your IP address, go to Settings > Internet > More.
- How do I change my Roku PIN?
Navigate to the website to reset, modify, or find your Roku PIN. Sign in if you are prompted. Select Update under PIN Preference. To modify your PIN, click Change current IPIN and enter your new PIN . Finally, click Save changes.